Slideshow Widget

Unexpected Sights

Monday, July 22, 2013

 

I've gone to Mount Bonnell several times over the past year I've been in Austin, but what I didn't know was that there was a park just a short ways away with roaming peacocks. That's right. Instead of turning right on Mount Bonnell Road, make a left to Mayfield Park.

My friend Chanel came down for my birthday awhile ago and we decided to check out Mayfield Park because we found out that peacocks roam around freely. It is a must see, and these birds are stunning! It's incredible how close you can get to them and how well preserved the park is for these birds to simply walk around. The pictures show just how beautiful the colors and feathers of these peacocks are, no editing necessary. Right before we were about to leave, a peacock finally opened its feathers completely and I got the shot I was hoping for!

 
Along with the peacocks in the park is a small cottage and gardens with a pond. Walking around was relaxing and the pictures came out great. Next time you find yourself going to Mount Bonnell, make that left turn instead!
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
View from the top of Mount Bonnell
 

Post a Comment